Mobile Workforce Center plans its schedule for November
JOLIET, Ill. — The Will County Workforce Services Division has announced the November schedule for its Mobile Workforce Center.
The mobile unit travels throughout Will County to help residents with resume development, cover letters, and job applications. The traveling workforce center also provides internet access for job search and employment opportunities.
Will County Executive Larry Walsh, who oversees Workforce Services, encourages job seekers to take advantage of the free service.
“The Mobile Workforce Center helps those who need jobs or who want new jobs,” Walsh said. “It travels throughout the County, allowing job seekers to use the equipment on board. In addition, Workforce Services staff is always happy to help job searchers use these free services.”
MWC contains 11 computer stations, high speed internet, and provides keyboarding lessons, as well as resume and job search assistance.
Unless specified, hours are 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m. Some Mobile Workforce Center stops in the area include:
• Friday, Nov. 5, Plainfield Library, 15025 N. Illinois St., Plainfield;
• Monday, Nov. 8, Skateland Recreation Center, 25334 W. Eames St., Channahon;
• Wednesday, Nov. 10, Shorewood-Troy Library, 650 Deerwood Drive, Shorewood;
• Thursday, Nov. 18, Winchester Green Shopping Center, 1099 W. Water St., Wilmington;
• Friday, Nov. 29, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Winchester Green Shopping Center, 1099 S. Water St., Wilmington.
For information, Mobile Workforce Center, call (815) 727-4444 or go to www.jobs4people.org.