Regulators bar woman who served poisonous mushrooms from care facilities
(MCT) — SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The caregiver who unwittingly served poisonous mushrooms to patients at a home for the elderly in Loomis, Calif., will be barred from working at any such facilities in the future, state regulators have decided.
Four of the five patients who ate poisonous mushrooms foraged from outdoors and served by the caregiver, Lilia Tirdea, at Gold Age Villa earlier this month have died. Tirdea and one other person also were sickened but both are recovering, officials said.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org