Dryer fire causes damage to home
Owner, child exit unharmed
Morris Fire Protection and Ambulance District fought a fire in the basement of a home on Washington Street that was caused by a dryer.
The fire department received a call just before 12:30 p.m. Monday to the home at 612 E. Washington St., said Chief Tracey Steffes. The homeowner and a child were able to get out of the residence unharmed. No injuries were reported.
There was minor fire damage to the home, but more smoke damage. The house damage is about $10,000, said Steffes.
"(The firefighters) did a great job advancing the hose line down the basement stairs into heavy smoke conditions and extinguished the fire," said Steffes in an email. "I am extremely proud of them. They kept the damage to the house to a minimum."
Minooka and Coal CIty fire departments assisted Morris.