Starting small

On Jan. 12, 1912, the Library Board met to consider the reply from Andrew Carnegie offering $12,500, for a library building for Morris, if a suitable lot were provided and the City Council would appropriate not less than $1,250 per year for its support.

An option on the Woodbury Lot, located at the corner of Liberty and North, had already been obtained from J. W. Rausch.

The Morris Carnegie Library building was completed and opened to the public on Dec. 6, 1913.