Attic fire heavily damages Morris home
Chief Steffes terms Wednesday night fire electrical, accidental
The Morris Fire Protection and Ambulance District responded to an attic fire Wednesday night that resulted in extensive damage, but not injuries.
Chief Tracey Steffes said the call came in at about 8 p.m. The fire was contained to the attic in a home at 521 Nettle Street.
The fire caused extensive damage in the attic, he said. Firefighters had to access the attic through the ceiling, causing more damage, in order to extinguish the fire. Steffes early Thursday estimated the fire caused a total of $50,000 in damage.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com