County set to celebrate Recycling Day
Fifty people will also receive gifts at first-time event
The Environmental Resource and Conservation Office (ERCO) of the Grundy County Land Use Department will host the county’s first Recycling Day.
The event will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 14.
This event will be a combination of dropping off unused items toward the greater good for recycling and reusing, but the first 50 attendants will also receive a gift from Grundy County for their efforts.
The following items will be collected to recycle and reuse:
• Plastics – Plastic film, Styrofoam, general plastics (Verdeco)
• Metals – Insulated wire, household appliances, steel, stainless steel, aluminum, tin, carbide, used machinery, copper (ERC)
• Eyeglasses, hearing aids (Lion’s Club)
• Cellphones (Cell Phones for Soldiers)
• Incandescent bulbs (until container is full)
• Sharps/Old Meds (coroner’s office disposal)
• Paper (Abitibi bin)
• Alkaline batteries
• Children’s Used Books (Bernie’s Book Bank)
The first 50 residents who attend the event will receive a free gift bag containing such items as a recycled water bottle, pizza cutter, children’s coloring book and soy crayons, recycled plastic Band-Aid dispenser, temporary tattoos and more.
There will also be a drawing giving away an Earth Machine composter for the fall cleanup.
The winner will be picked by County Administrator Chris Wittkamp on Sept. 16.
If you have any questions, contact Heidi Miller at 815-941-3229 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Karen Campbell at 815-941-3214 or email@example.com.