From May 9 to May 26, the Illinois Department of Transportation supported law enforcement agencies statewide to remind motorists to buckle up both day and night during the Click It or Ticket seat belt enforcement mobilization.
The Grundy County sheriff’s office joined other law enforcement agencies across Illinois in this annual effort to get more motorists to buckle up, in the front and backseat – and save more lives, according to a news release.
During the mobilization, Grundy County sheriff’s deputies issued:
• 103 seat belt citations
• 2 child safety seat citations
• 7 driving under the influence arrests
• 8 felony arrests
• 1 stolen vehicle recovered
• 12 fugitives apprehended
• 13 suspended/revoked licenses
• 21 uninsured motorists
• 129 speeding citations
• 1 reckless driving citation
• 13 drug arrests
• 1 endangering the life of a child
• 1 fleeing or attempting to elude a peace officer
“Our officers are out all year long. If you or your passengers, in the front seat or backseat, are caught not wearing a seat belt, day or night, you will be cited for the safety violation,” Grundy County Sheriff Kevin Callahan said in the release.
For information, visit www.buckleupillinois.org.