STREATOR – The Streator Garden Club has scheduled its second annual garden walk from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. Tickets for the walk are $10 each, which includes all six gardens and a chance for a door prize.
Tickets are available at Danchris Nursery, Eye-Mart, and Jones Country Garden, as well as at each of the gardens on the day of the event.
Houses on the walk include:
• Jim and Jenetta Pellino, 2323 Teegardin Road. The yard features three ponds, two custom-built sheds and a large vegetable garden.
•Gayle Akerman Home, 102 W. Morrell St. The garden features a pergola, set up like a room with table and chairs, a pond with fish and a waterfall.
• Bill Trelease Home, 702 E. Broadway. These gardens are part of the 1893 Silas Williams House, listed in 1976 on the National Register of Historic Places. Among the many attributes are a large peony bed with more than 300 specimens, some dating from the 1920s.
• Rick Lucas and Joe Richards, 1504 E. Main St. This garden includes hostas, roses and lilacs.
• Ron and Marilyn Kettman Home, 330 W. Livingston Road. Visitors to the garden can expect to see a pond and a large garden, with many plants started from seed with the use of Marilyn’s daughter’s greenhouse.
• Lisa Martin Home, 10617 E. 2950 North Road. The yard contains garden stones handmade by Lisa, a large garden, and a pond.